|Best Indie Game 2010! Image courtesy of Playdead Studios and |
Microsoft Game Studios
Is it any surprise that LIMBO keeps getting the recognition it deserves on all sorts of "Best of..." lists? Here are a few accolades this awesome x 3 $10 game has received in the past year or so:
- Best Indie Game 2010 - Spike Video Game Awards
- 6th Best Video Game of 2010 - TIME magazine
- 3rd Best Xbox Live Arcade Title - September 2010, IGN
- 10th Best Indie Game 2010 - Gamasutra.com
- Winner of the "Technical Excellence" and "Excellence in Visual Art" at the Independent Games Festival at the 2010 Game Developers Conference
- Winner of GameSpot's Best Downloadable Game - 2010, E3 Conference
Some of you may complain about the lack of a narrative and its relatively short length compared to the price (you can finish this game in a day, I think), but I find this game to be absolutely charming and quietly gory. Playdead Studios presented a visually simple masterpiece that has become a sleeper hit in the gaming community. It's an unexpected winner for 2010 and I can't help but keep singing the praises of this game.
Playdead Studios - congratulations! I'm looking forward to your next game!